Orchid Health - Phlebotomist - Estacada, OR
Work for an innovative primary care clinic where you will be a valued part of a collaborative clinical team! We believe that team-based care, including advanced roles for our Phlebotomists, is crucial in order to meet the needs of our complex, underserved population.
In the role of a phlebotomist, you will work with clinic providers and will also carry out blood draws, process patient labs, and consult with patients. This position offers the opportunity to expand your professional phlebotomist skills while working as part of an innovative, patient-centered team. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday / 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with any forms that need to be completed
- Preparing patients before drawing blood.
- Verifying patient information and labeling samples properly.
- Explaining blood draw procedures to patients and answering any questions about the process.
- Perform blood draws and process patient labs according to protocols. Knowledge of Centrifuge use is required. Management of Urine Drug Screens per protocol.
- Knowledge of autoclave is required. Spore Counts and other documentation as needed to meet regulations.
- Follow all Infectious Disease protocols. Assist with Infectious Waste Management per regulations.
- Perform and analyze patient urinalysis, pregnancy, blood sugar, hematocrit, hemoglobin, HGBA1C, INR, or other POC Tests available in our clinic. Keep proper logs of testing, equipment, calibration, and other legal requirements.
- Consult with patients over the phone releasing lab results after being directed by a Provider
- Quickly respond to provider needs and support providers at every opportunity
- Keep Lab Area and Exam Rooms stocked and ready for use
- Document accurately in the medical chart all conversations, occurrences, or patient interactions
- Fax or Scan Documents if needed, Schedule Patient Appointments if needed
- There may be other tasks not included on this list that fall within the standard scope of phlebotomist
- Clean exam rooms before and after patient appointments
- Take out the trash if needed - assist with keeping the orderliness of all clinic areas if needed
- Monitor bathrooms periodically for needed supplies or a messy appearance and address if needed
- Show compassion and professionalism when interacting with patients
- Maintain a calm, professional, and respectful demeanor
- Ask questions
- Adapt your behavior and actions as needed based on constructive feedback
- Refrain from discussing personal political and religious views in the workplace
- Support other Orchid staff and recognize them for good performance and when they go above and beyond by contributing to the Kudos box.
- Understand and uphold the Commitment to Coworkers agreement at all times which include treating all staff with respect and professionalism.
- Maintain HIPAA Confidentiality Protocols at all times.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a medical office required
- Maintain BLS certification
- Phlebotomist certification preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Drug Screen and Background check will be performed
● $20.00 - $21.75/hour depending on experience, and skills
- Medical /Dental/Vision / Orchid pays 100% employee and 50% dependent monthly premiums for base medical and dental plans.
- Yearly Employee Wellness Benefit.
- 401k with Orchid match.
- All employees have a Continuing Education / Continuing Medical Education budget.
- 120 hours of PTO per year, annually front loaded.
- 8 paid holidays plus your Birthday.
- And more!
*Benefit eligibility first of the month following 30 days of employment
Team member will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment. Team member may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting and supporting patients.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area may be expected on occasion (CME Events or for activities involving other Orchid Health Clinics).
Employment Offer Contingencies
Job Offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, as well as a successful completion of a drug screening.
It is the policy of Orchid Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Orchid Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.