Orchid Health - Medical Assistant - Estacada, OR
Work for an innovative primary care clinic where you will be a valued part of a collaborative clinical team! We believe that team-based care, including advanced roles for our Medical Assistants, is crucial in order to meet the needs of our complex, underserved population.
In the role of a medical assistant, you will work with clinic providers and will also carry out chart scrubs, lead morning huddles, conduct care coordination activities, and serve as an MA float. This position offers the opportunity to expand your professional MA skills while working as part of an innovative, patient-centered team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet and room patients with a warm and friendly attitude
- Document an accurate Patient History according to the guidelines you have been given, specifically Family History, Social History, Health History, and Surgeries. At follow up visits, verify and update this information to note changes that have occurred
- Accurately record patient vitals including weight, height, blood pressure, heart rate, pulse oximetry, respiratory rate, head circumference, body measurements if indicated
- Accurately record patient medications and input patient information into their electronic health record, and update the medication list accurately at each visit
- Process prescription refills per your level of medical knowledge under supervision of a provider, following prescription refill standing orders
- Perform blood draws and process patient labs according to protocols. Knowledge of Centrifuge use is required. Management of Urine Drug Screens per protocol.
- Knowledge of autoclave is required. Spore Counts and other documentation as needed to meet regulations
- Consult with patients over the phone and in person to determine the level of injury or ailment that the patient is experiencing within MA scope of practice - follow Triage Protocol Guidelines and refer to Provider for questions not included in Manual
- Administer immunizations and thoroughly understand immunization schedules and side effects
- Management of Vaccines, Documentation, Monitoring - per VFC and RHC Protocols
- Ability to take vitals, draw blood, give injections (including immunizations), apply splints and dressings, and facilitate simple wound management under provider orders
- Knowledge of chronic diseases and related health maintenance and preventative care protocols
- Experience with Vaccines for Children program is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, accurate work is required
- Cultural Qualifications:
- Successful applicants will possess genuine empathy and the desire to empower patients in reaching their health goals
- Team player attitude and consistent professionalism
- Interpersonal skills - successful applicants are those who enjoy building relationships by listening well, asking questions, and helping patients to find their own answers
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 months of Medical Assistant experience required
- Graduates of an accredited post-secondary Medical Assistant program or equivalent preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Drug Screen and Background check will be performed
- $25.50 - $27.50/hour depending on experience and skills
- $1,000 sign on bonus! First $500 payment paid after 30 days of employment, Second $500 payment paid after 6 months of employment
- Medical /Dental/Vision / Orchid pays 100% employee and 50% dependent monthly premiums for base medical and dental plans.
- Yearly $1000 Employee Wellness Benefit.
- 100% vested 401k with Orchid match after 1 year.
- All employees have a Continuing Education / Continuing Medical Education budget.
- 120 hours of PTO per year, annually front loaded.
- 8 paid holidays plus your Birthday.
- And more!
*Benefit eligibility first of the month following 30 days of employment
Team member will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment. Team member may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting and supporting patients.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area may be expected on occasion (CME Events or for activities involving other Orchid Health Clinics).
Employment Offer Contingencies
Job Offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, as well as a successful completion of a drug screening.
It is the policy of Orchid Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Orchid Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.