Behavioral Health Clinician
Seeking a Behavioral Health Clinician to Join Our Team - Great Work Environment and Pay including an $8,000 sign-on bonus!
At Orchid Health we believe that our nation's caregivers deserve a better work environment - period.
Rather than having financials and quality outcomes drive our prioritization and decision making, our organization - a network of four rural health and school-based health clinics - has recognized that a healthy healthcare organization starts with team members that feel cared for and have the autonomy to do what they feel is best for their patients and communities.
At Orchid, our model is built on providing comprehensive team-based care, and our Behavioral Health Clinicians plays an essential role in furthering our vision of Healthy Rural Communities and Healthcare Revolutionized by providing compassionate care to those in need in our communities.
- Offering a flexible work schedule that includes a combination of work from home (telehealth) and in clinic days, a supportive work environment, and a small practice atmosphere.
- Great benefits package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid medical malpractice and CME, $1,000 year wellness stipend, free care at our clinics for employees and their families, and robust student loan repayment.
- Estacada is considered one of Oregon’s highest need areas when it comes to healthcare, and taking this position will be making a huge difference in a community that truly needs and appreciates its healthcare providers.
About you: “We believe this is a great opportunity for someone that identifies with the following:
- I have the desire to work with a company who takes an out of the box approach to integrated healthcare;
- I am excited to work as a member of an interprofessional team that includes behavioral health and primary care providers;
- I am interested in solution-focused therapy and rapid intervention models;
- I enjoy learning and growing within a multidisciplinary team;
- I like to bring ideas to the table;
- I work well with change and variety through the day; and
- A full-time position would work great for me right now.
- Facilitates a “shared goal model” within and across settings to achieve coordinated high-quality care that is patient- and family-centered
- Consult and collaborate on a multidisciplinary team. This includes providing integrated on-site care, recommendations, and feedback to medical providers and allied staff.
- Have a clearly distinguished role from a specialty mental health therapist practice model.
- Deliver brief consultation-based services with a focus on general behavioral health services in a primary care context.
- Utilize brief behavioral health visits (~30 minutes), limited in number 1-6 visits, which are provided in the primary care practice area and are seen as a routine primary care service.
- Practice in a population-based practice management strategy with flexibility to be interrupted to respond to urgent/emergency situations and "curb-side consults".
- Provide assessments, screening, or intervention services for approximately 8 patients per day while working as part of the primary care team to effectively identify, treat, and manage physical, mental, and behavioral health concerns.
- Be available for consultation as needed with staff who need input regarding a patient’s care plan and whether they need appointments or not
- Participate in our complex care management team
- Meet patients during their initial intake visit when possible and perform a brief interview to determine needs for behavioral health support
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master's or Doctorate Degree in clinical counseling, social work, psychology, or a behavioral health discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two (2) years post-graduate (Master's) experience of providing behavioral health services (i.e. assessment, diagnosis, or treatment of an individual's behavioral health needs) in the behavioral health field.
- Candidates who have completed an LCSW or LPC licensure are highly preferred!
- Candidates past the halfway point in the process of achieving an LPC or CSWA will be considered.
- Pediatrics and integrated healthcare experience preferred
- $70k to $80k/year starting salary (prorated based on a 30-40 hour work week)
- Complete benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Paid Medical Malpractice, Wellness Benefit, Life Insurance, 401k, CME and more!
- Generous sign-on bonus: $8000 sign-on bonus, $4000 bonus paid on first paycheck, $4000 paid at 1 year anniversary.
- Medical/Dental/Vision // Orchid pays 100% employee and 50% dependent monthly premiums for medical and dental.
- Yearly Employee Wellness Benefit.
- John Hancock 401k with Orchid match.
- All employees have a Continuing Education / Continuing Medical Education budget.
- Annually Front Loaded 120 hours PTO and 8 paid holidays plus your Birthday.
- Eligibility first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- And more!
Team member will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment. Team member may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting and supporting patients.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area may be expected on occasion (CME Events or for activities involving other Orchid Health Clinics).
Employment Offer Contingences
Job Offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, as well as a successful completion of a drug screening.
COVID-19 Disclosure: All applicants selected for employment must either submit proof of vaccination or have submitted to the organization a certified medical or religious exemption from the vaccination requirement prior to their first day of work, per state requirements.
It is the policy of Orchid Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Orchid Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.